Let’s face it, when it comes to days out, or hitting the open road and embarking on vacations or camping trips during the summer, some of the biggest issues that we tend to encounter, are those relating to the foods and beverages that we have packed for our days out. Sure, there are cool bags and cool boxes, but all they do is keep things cool, and they sadly don’t retain their cool temperatures for very long, especially during the peak of summer. For those of you who happen to own motor homes or RVs, you’ll know firsthand just how important it is to be able to keep your foods and drinks fresh at all times. When it comes to keeping things fresh, the best method of preserving our goods is by freezing them, which is where a great quality portable freezer is required. The Dometic CF-050AC110, is one such product that is generating a great deal of interest as of late, and for that reason, we’ll now be taking a more detailed look at this very product.
First off, we’ll begin by taking a look at some of the pros and the things that users liked the most about this device:
- Quiet noise level, emits a quiet hum
- Attractive design
- Quick chill/freeze function
- Adjustable temperature
- Large and spacious
- Energy efficient
- Very user friendly and simple to operate
Now we’ll look at a few things that people weren’t so thrilled about with the CF50:
- The price, as some have complained it is a little pricey, but you do get what you pay for
- Some have complained about the customer service, though Dometic have improved since
What is Dometic CF-050AC110?
The CF50, for short, is one of the leading makes and models of portable freezer and refrigerator currently on the market today. The device is composed of a top quality polypropylene cabinet that allows the device to freeze and to refrigerate to temperatures as low as 0 degrees F, or minus 17 degrees C. The device features what is known as a quick-chill turbo function that basically allows the device to quickly chill/freeze whatever it is that you decide to place inside.
There are many different features available with the CF50, with some of the most popular examples including:
- Quick chill turbo function
- Works perfectly, even in decline/incline positions
- High impact cabinet that is weather resistant
- Three stage battery monitor
- Clear and precise temperature readout
- Soft touch operating panel
- LED indicators
- Wire grid divider to prevent items sticking to the interior walls
- Interior light
- Removable carrying handles
- Can hold as much as 68 twelve ounce cans at a time
- Can be used as a fridge or freezer
- Suitable for solar panel operation
- Runs off 3 – 4 amps
Here below customer reviews about Dometic CF-050AC110;
Big or Minor problems has a greater impact to customer especially when handling the product, likewise there is warranty. If you are not satisfied to the purchase product then you can return it. These option is preparing you the possibility when this fridge is yours/on hand. Through all this, good or bad reviews has something to deal with how the products functionally well.
As a result, before we wrap things up, lets summarize. As you can see from the above, the Dometic CF-050AC110 is an extremely user-friendly portable fridge/freezer that is durable, lightweight, energy efficient, easy to clean and maintain, and very simple to operate. It is spacious, ideal for RVs and motorhomes, and is built to last. At around 600 bucks or so, it isn’t the cheapest in the world, but you do get what you pay for and this device will quickly pay for itself, making it very highly recommended indeed.